We are all Made out of Mud
Call for youth workers, camp coordinators for 7 day training course in Bozevce, Kosovo
15th until 23rd of October 2021
Training course for organizing YEs, workcamps, group ESC and similar international groups on natural building will gather around 20 youth workers, group leaders and camp coordinators for 7 days.
The aim of the training is to equip and empower participants with skills, knowledge and competences for organizing short term group events (exchanges, volunteering) for young people in the field of natural building, with the focus on inclusion, gender equity and empowerment.
This training course is for:
- Group leaders who will be involved in two youth exchanges about natural building (one in Kosovo and the other one in Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Group leader of any other future youth exchanges on the topic of natural building
- Coordinators of ESC volunteering teams with the focus on natural building
- Coordinators of international workcamps about natural building
Participants should be older than 18 and should be residents of the following countries: Croatia, Kosovo, Serbia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, France, Montenegro, Slovenia or Turkey. They should also have the support of the partner organizations listed below.
During these 7 days, the participants will
- Learn about inspiring projects, academies, festivals, camps and many other activities organized by partner organizations from 9 countries, and more
- Share information and update their knowledge about natural building history, practices, principles
- Explore different learning styles and different ways of using natural building for social inclusion and gender justice
- Learn about the possibilities to organize different group projects with youth: workcamps, youth exchanges, and local actions, through Erasmus+, ESC, SCI and others
- Develop program and project ideas within WaaMooM and beyond
The methodology will be based on non-formal methods, merged with nature based practices and permaculture teaching. Therefore, participants are expected to take active part in sessions and to have good knowledge (not perfect, do not worry) of English.
The training will take place in Bozevce village, where GAIA is developing an educational program for permaculture and natural building. The place is still under (natural) construction, thus it represents a good example of a place which is being built with the help of international and local volunteers, experts and friends. Participants will be in shared rooms and a common dormitory. Food will be vegan and vegetarian options, mainly local products, very healthy and super tasty. There are cold and hot showers ☺, composting toilets, plenty of trees and fields, and many animals such as dogs, cats, chickens, geese and bees.
The village is situated in the Eastern part of Kosovo, close to Kamenica. There are around 50 people living there, no shop, no school nor a bar.
In this table you can see how many participants each partner organization can send and what is the maximum amount for the reimbursement of the travel costs per participant. Visa costs for participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina and PCR/Antigen tests for not vaccinated participants will be fully reimbursed.
Depending on the measures related to covid, the number of the participants might change.
|Organization||Country||Number of participants||Maximum travel costs per participant|
|Klub finih zanata||Serbia||3||180|
|Velebitska udruga Kuterevo||Croatia||3||275|
If you are a youth worker, coordinator, group leader, teamer, mentor or an activist interested in organizing group events on the topic of natural building + you are coming from one of those 9 countries + you are available between 15th and 23rd of October, then you should apply here before 5th of October (the deadline has been prolonged).
The situation with pandemic might impact the change of dates or number of participants. The event will be organized in line with the measures.
More info about the Training course at: firstname.lastname@example.org