We are all Made out of Mud
NOTE: This training course is postponed for spring and it will take place most probably in April 2023. If you are interest to take part in it, you can fill in the application form from this call or contact us by e-mail.
This training course will gather 28 youth workers interested in organising volunteering projects in natural buildings for 10 days in small village Bozevce in Kosovo. Participants of this training course should come from Slovenia, France, Serbia, Turkey, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The training will take place from 20th until 30th of September 2022 (arrival: 20th, departure: 30th) and the ideal profile of participants are:
- Volunteer coordinators active in projects related to natural building
- Youth workers active in organisations that include volunteers in natural building projects
- Members of organisations that are active in natural building filed and are interested or planning to include long term volunteers in their activities
- All those interested to develop inclusion projects (short term individual volunteering activities for people with less opportunities) in natural building field
- Mentors, tutors and other people that support volunteers engaged in natural building projects
- All interested in working with volunteers in natural building field
During this ‘muddy’ training course, the participants will:
- Learn and exchange about natural building practices
- Discuss about why natural building makes sense
- Learn and practice how to make it safe and well organised
- Discuss and exchange how to make it a strong learning experience for volunteers
- Discuss and share what is the role of coordinator and how to be supported
- Develop ideas on how to make it more inclusive & participatory
- Exchange the challenges of volunteering connected to natural building and focus on the solutions
- Practice some of the techniques, explore natural materials and discuss about their transformative impact
- Visit local organisations and cultural sites
Conditions for participation:
- To be 18 or older
- To be active in an organisation that works in the field of natural building and/or volunteering
- To be resident of Slovenia, France, Serbia, Turkey, Kosovo, Albania, Montenegro or Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- To arrive on 20th and leave on 30th of September (or 1-2 days before the arrival or 1-2 days after the departure day)
Accommodation and food will be provided by the project. Food will be vegan/vegetarian.
Accommodation in shared rooms and/or tents (if preferable). Indoor and outdoor showers will be available for use, as well as composting toilets. Many animals (cats, dogs, goats, chickens, geese etc) live at the property and around, so participants should be comfortable with their presence.
Travel costs will be covered according to the rules of the Erasmus+ program. Maximum travel costs per participant:
- Croatia – 275
- Kosovo – 20
- Serbia – 180
- Albania – 180
- BiH – 180
- Slovenia – 275
- Croatia – 275
- France – 275
- Montenegro – 180
- Turkey – 275
Visa costs for participants from Bosnia and Herzegovina will be fully reimbursed.
Deadline for application 20th of August 2022!
Application form is available here: https://forms.gle/ECpEL8U5jdi2xaaM7
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org