For several years, our partner organisation Friedenskreis Halle e.V. has been organizing long-term international voluntary services. In the process of hosting international volunteers in Germany they operate as coordinating
organization. In order to realize the program they cooperate with different sending organizations from abroad and with different places of assignment in Halle and surrounding.
They host volunteers via the German program for international volunteering called “weltwärts”. A service lasts 12 months and it starts mid September each year.
Volunteers will have an opportunity to acquire knowledge in different fields and to get involved with topic
of peace. The international voluntary service with Friedenskreis Halle e.V. comprises of:
• Practical work in one or two place(es) of assignment (30h/week)
• Active participation in the accompanying seminars (25days)
• Service related activities (around 8h/week): Active participation in accompanying programme, implementation of own project, occupation with and/or engagement in topics and activities of (local) civil society, learning German in depth
Currently, they are looking for volunteers for the period September 2022 until September 2023!
Application period: until 31.01.2022
For more information check our Homepage: https://www.friedenskreis-halle.de/volunteerinhalle.html
Here you can find:
• Information booklet “Welcome”, Mission statement and reports for information about Friedenskreis Halle e.V., the upset of the voluntary services, preparation and living in Halle
• Profiles for each place of assignment
• Links more information about the programs
Who may apply?
Next to some general criteria (below) there are specific criteria for each place of assignment (s. profiles).
General profile volunteers
• 18-28yrs (exceptions can be made, when reasonable)
• School graduation or comparable personal suitability
• Knowledge of English and willingness to learn German starting in home country
• Openess to the approach of the service as learning and peace service
• Willingness to get involved in civil society after the service
• Specific profile (certain interest and/or abilities) for at least one of the places of assignment we cooperate with (s. profiles places of assignment).
Which places of assignment Friedenskreis Halle cooperates with?
• Kinder und Jugendhaus e.V. and Bürgerhaus AlternativE (open youth work with kids 10-18yrs)
• Clare Zetkin e.V. (childrens home for kids 6-18yrs)
• Friedenskreis Halle e.V. (educational and office work)
• Kita Bartholomäus , Kita Marktspatzen, KindElternZentrum Lieskau (nursery for kids 1-6yrs)
• Lebenstraum Halle e.V. (living group with disabled adults)
• Kulturwerkstatt Grüne Villa e.V. (social-cultural centre)
• Anlaufstelle S.C.H.I.R.M. (drop-in centre for young persons 18-30yrs)
• Passage 13
More information about each project can be found here https://www.friedenskreis-halle.de/volunteerinhalle.html
How to apply?
The fist step is to contact GAIA and send them the application form to info@gaiaThe application consist of an application form incl. attachments (download here). You should mention in your email to which place of assignment you are applying for.
Please be aware: There might be additional requirements of the sending organisation.
Within this program, the partner organisations have the main responsibility for the selection of volunteers. After their pre-selection they propose candidates to Friedenskreis Halle for final selection and matching. Therefor we and maybe the place of assignment will do interviews by Skype or Telephone in February/march. Final decision is made in agreement with the places of assignment.
We are looking forward to your application!